"Reading poetry aloud to and with children can have benefits that last for years."
Poetry Prescribed have developed a series of interactive children's poetry workshops with themes including self esteem; imagination & creativity; bullying; cyber bullying; personal rights and responsibilities; positive thinking; mental health awareness and more. Using poetry, children are invited to explore a range of topics in a safe and nurturing environment. The primary focus of our workshops is to encourage thought and self expression using a series of games, activities and exercises. Not only do our workshops offer therapeutic benefits, they also support learning and development.
- Are fun and engaging
- Promote language, cognitive, physical and social/emotional development
- Deliver thought provoking sessions in which children read, speak, create and share poetry
- Ignite imagination
- Boost confidence
- Promote mental health and wellbeing
- Build listening and communication skills
- Inspire creativity
- Provide a safe, nurturing space
- Support children to express freely and fearlessly
- Promote self-reflection and exploration
- Increase self-awareness
- Help children to make sense of their world
Our signature workshops are suitable for up to 30 pupils at a time, and run for between 1 and 2.5 hours, dependent on need. We have workshops to suit KS1-KS4. We are also able to design workshops for larger groups. Tell us your aims and objectives, give us a theme to work with, and we will put together a workshop to meet your requirement. Prices from £100.